- How quickly the king forgot his own words, end of chapter two.
- Multiple loyalties to gods no conflict.
- God Nabu or Nebo; in his name.
- Not solid gold; leaf.
- Bowing to Nebo equated to a pledge of allegiance to Nebuchadnezzar
- Extract an oath of loyalty from leaders
- Large hierarchy of rulers
- Chaldean nobles, not mere astrologers
- contempt for the three men's nationality
- Compare to Paul's statement in Acts 20:24
- "If our God exists, whom we worship, he is able to deliver us from the furnace..."
- Nebuchadnezzar picking a fight with Yahweh
- Bellows under the furnace
- See Hebrews 11:34