The list of things I am thankful for which will not be spoken around the table on Turkey Day
* I am thankful for the YMCA and all the kind people that care for my children while I get my endorphins and shower for the day.
* I am thankful for my friend, Kate, who consistently e-mails to ask when my husband and I need a date night.
* I am thankful for great parks that I can walk to with my kids.
* I am thankful for Trader Joe’s with their decent grocery prices and great customer service.
* I am thankful for the children’s librarian who notices when my screaming 2 year-old needs a sticker, as I am frantically trying to check out books.
* I am thankful for the sweet older couple, three doors down, who put up inflatables for all the holidays and welcome random children into their yard.
* I am thankful for online clothing shopping.
* I am thankful when my kids behave with decency at a play date.
* I am thankful for co-op preschools and affordable education.
* I am thankful for the grace given by my husband, children and friends when I am PMS-y, sleep deprived or just irritable.
* I am thankful for the 15 minutes of magic, one rainy afternoon, where the snow leapord at the zoo raced back and forth with my children and I.
* I am thankful for some great friends I have met through the years, challenging me to be real in the midst of motherhood with both laughter and tears.
* I am thankful for the hope I have in Christ - that I can rest and be sustained by the beautiful truth of His love for me, for my family and for the world.